Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thursday

I put in ten miles today, just so I could say I did.

Rode up Fletcher Parkway. I got through the first construction zone ok, but a herd of cars and trucks caught me at the light, so I was quite intimidated going through the second construction zone. Nobody honked or came close or nuthin', but never the less. And a lot of people have to deal with that on their whole route, not just a hundred feet or so. What do I have to complain about? Nuthin'!!

I don't see many adult-kid pairs of riders, so when I saw these guys making this left turn, I thought I would take a snapshot of them.

2008July03BikeRide RESIZED002

After this turn there is a bit a tricky merge, especially when peoples are heading to'n'from work. I fear for them...

You can look at this incredibly notated pic to see what I whining talking about.

Navajo Road merge
Of course you can't read that, click it, go to all sizes, look at the BIG one!

While I was snapping the shot, another bicyclist zoomed past me. I caught him a couple of lights later.

This is what transpired:
  1. The light is red, we are waiting. Even though I'm turning right, I am behind him, so I wait.
  2. The light turns green, he turns right, I turn right.
  3. He does a U-turn, but stops partway back to the intersection.
  4. I see this in my mirror, so I stop to see what he is doing.
  5. He waits for the green, then proceeds on his way, turning right, back onto his original course.
To help you visualize it, I have gone to GREAT pains...

SillyCyclist002
(The pink route is an alternate, down the bike path. I could not see exactly which way he went. Doesn't matter!)


Here's the fellow starting to take off on the green. I like all the signs; the telephoto lens really flattens the perspective.

2008July03BikeRideRESIZED 003

Yah, I KNOW you wanted to see a detail of that. Is that a Hendrix shirt? Headphones? What is he listening too, I wonder.

2008July03BikeRideCROP 003

So why did he go to all that trouble, just to keep going in the same direction? You humans do the strangest things, sometimes!

That was the turn-around point, so I headed back west again.

Got the odometer up to 50.26 miles for the week, so I am on schedule.

I was gonna warsh Jamis, but instead just earled the chain.

Later!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)