Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Week To Date


This is in the bicycle blog because... I rode the bike to work on Wednesday!  I must have been quite a sight with my falling-down leg warmers.  And I really must hang a mirror at work because rather too late in the late I found my hair was quite mussed from changing into work clothes.  No one said a thing.

Today (Saturday) I did a little walk in the hills above the Santee Lakes.  There were a lot of caterpillars on the move.  Here is one:

(File size of linked image is 274KB)

This is where I turned around and headed back down.  You can see one of the Santee Lakes down there. Cell phone coverage went from three dots to zero while I was sitting there trying to update a geocaching log. Is it supposed to do that?


(File size of linked image is 404KB)

I found four caches today, one of which I had DNFed back in August.  I remember it was a VERY hot day...

I drove over to Barnes & Noble afterwards and bought eight books. For a hundred bucks.  And mostly paperbacks, too. Goodness! But they are all for the library and I shall be reimbursed.  A lady was looking for The Wind In The Willows (Kenneth Grahame (Who I always mix up with Graham Greene)), I told her I just bought it at work.  At the service counter another woman was looking for The Fault In Our Stars (John Green), and I helpfully told her I had a copy at home on my nightstand. Which I do and am enjoying reading it very much, but whether I shall put it out for the students is still up in the air.

And then I came home and, whoops, I forgot the clothes in the washer, wait a minute!

OK, there we go, they are in the dryer.

And I'm done here.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)