Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunny Sunday

It was overcast this morning, but the sun came out around nine.  I had driven over to Tierrasanta and parked at the trailhead. I was going to bike to eight geocaches.  It was a little scary, as I am not the dirt rider.  I would be MUCH more comfortable on a motorcycle.

Here is possibly a link to a map of the area, If it works...

Jamis has street tires, and no suspension (except for that stupid seat post spring), so I had to walk it DOWN steep hills.  I am very old, so I also had to walk it UP steep hills. And walk it when it is very rutty, too, whether UP or DOWN. So there was a lot of walking involved.

Here are the caches:
War Spoils -- Did Not Find (DNF) the last time. It has been replaced, and I found it this time.

Meds For Harmon -- DNF last time, because of BEES! It has been moved away from the BEES, and I found it this time.

Bonsai Stand Of Timber -- DNF last time. Spotted from twenty feet away THIS time. In the same place I looked LAST time! What is up with that?

More Trees Ragfoot Prefers -- DNF the last time. Spotted it this time!

The Largest Star -- This is a multicache. I'm looking for Waypoint Three. No one has found it recently. neither did I.

MTRP Evil Micro Series #6 -- I've DNF this one several times. I even had a hint from the cache owner. I looked and looked this time, too. I decided to sit down, right on the Ground Zero (GZ). I reached out my hand, and there it was. EVIL!

MTRP Evil Micro Series #2 -- Another EVIL one I've DNF several times. Again, I looked all around, didn't see anything. Again, I sat down at GZ. And then it came into focus. Darn bifocals! I took the log back to the bike, as I had left the pen there. Then I had to find the cache again to replace the log. Do I get extra credit?

And that was it. I headed back to the trailhead. I made a wrong turn, and decided to exit the park at another trailhead, then proceed on streets, just to avoid pushing it DOWN and then UP another rutty dirt trail.

Mileage today was a whopping 6.45 miles! Felt like twenty!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)