Monday, July 25, 2011

Sunny Monday

After slothing around all weekend I loaded the bicycle (Jamis) into the vehicle this morning.

I dropped off a couple of books at the library and bought a packet of stamps at the P.O. next door.

I drove  to MTRP in an attempt to be First To Find on a new cache.  Missed it by two hours! I found another new cache, so I was second to find on two caches.  Then I checked out a multi-cache. I found the first waypoint, which gives the clue to the second waypoint, which was way-the-heck over somewhere else, so I am saving that for another day. I bicycled around to all these caches, mostly on dirt trails.

But, oh joy, I got a clue from THAT cache, that maybe would help me with ANOTHER cache, over on Jackson Drive. So, I drove over there. I've been here looking several times, so I knew just where to park. It turned out that my clue was useless, but I found the cache anyway. Joy oh joy!

I drove to the Horse Staging Area of MTRP and parked then, so to bike up the 52 bike path.  I went up and over the crest, signing the logs on two caches that I found last week, but had lost my Sharpie by then. This time I found the multi-cache that I failed to find last time. At least, I found waypoints one and two, but no joy on three. Another day...

Coasting down the 52 is very nice, especially on a very warm day.  When I got back to the truck I headed over to Prospect to sign a cache log, once again, from last week. Then I headed over to the Santee branch of the County Library and checked out a couple of Steve Martini thrillers.  Then I headed over to Lowe's. Along the way I saw this Cash-For-Gold store.   It's hard to believe they have enough business to pay for a storefront, but there it is.

2011July25 Gold Santee 005

At Lowe's the very nice man in the paint dept. took me over a couple of aisles to the patching plaster, premixed, which he opened up to make sure it was a good batch.  He said you gotta check 'em, sometimes they are dried out.  Lowe's is wonderfully air-conditioned. They make it one of those senior citizen Cool Zones!

And then I drove home!

Got just over ten miles on the bike today!

Temps Today

  Santee Lakes -- 89.0 °F (47% humidity)

  MTRP -- 93.4 °F (28% humidity)

No comments:

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)