I hit EXACTLY (well, pretty much) 100 miles on the odometer since the last chain-oiling, so I oiled it today.
I saw two raccoons "playing" in the parking lot at the olde Forward Elementary School.
What did I do at work today, you ask?
- Removed gum from the carpet using gum remover spray till it ran out (last can, ever!), then used a bag of ice and tentatively, some Goo Gone.
- Bashed thumb joint on a shelf. Used ice from gum removing.
- Shelved some books.
- Made a list of "bibs" needed for new books and emailed it off to Central Cataloging.
- Helped some students with their science projects, mostly showing them that Appleworks is just as good a word processor, for their needs, as Word.
- Tried to explain file extensions and what they mean to YOU!
- Used carpet sweeper to pick up corn chip remains on carpet.
- Looked askance at sunflower seed shells in computer lab. WET sunflower seed shells.
- Refilled both printers with paper.
- Helped student clean and bandage a nasty paper cut.
- Yelled at students knocking books on floor as they chased each other around the stacks, after school.
- Found out we won't have a librarian next year, not even part-time. Will we have a me?
- Posed for a short video by some video students, introducing myself.
- Read email on how the district suggests principal can save some bucks by replacing Library Technicians with School Clerks. This is what we get for aligning ourselves with the Library Media unit instead of Office/Technical! I really should have expanded my school-related job skills!
I went looking for that geocache again on the way home, but did not find it.