Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Wednesday

Got up a 5:36 a.m. this morning, ate some bran flakes, watched a few minutes of the tour, then headed out on a little ride.

EDIT: Apparently I think it is Wednesday

Found a little flag in the bike lane, flew it.

2009July016 flag 001

Nine miles per hour? Surely I'm traveling faster than that!

Have I mentioned how bracing it is to smell Axe (type) body spray/deodorant wafting across from some guy who is AT LEAST fifty feet away?

And hey, whole took my quarter? I TOLD you it had my name on it!

I went down the Fletcher Parkway Hill via the bike path through Hillside Park, for a change. It dumps you out on a side street and you can wander your way back to the Parkway, as I did. I coasted down the hill to Cuyamaca, did the u-turn, rode back up the hill. Rode in the 42x26 combination up to the point where I gathered some rocks, then the 30x32 for the rest of the hill.

I find it humorous that the middle chainring on the Schwinn is 36 teeth, and on Jamis it is 42 teeth. I should have the same gears on both bikes, n'est-ce pas? If I EVER replace the rings and cogs on Jamis, I shall seize the opportunity.

EDIT: Riding up the Fletcher Hill, it was like someone turned on a spotlight from behind me. The sun was out!

I made it home safely, with 34 miles on the odometer.

I dumped the rocks in the yard, and something big flew away, with the mockingbirds squawking at it. There was a pile of bloody feathers on the ground.

2009July016 bird death 003

Is that a mockingbird or a dove, or what? And the nest, is it ok? I can't tell what I'm seeing here.

2009July016 birds 002

And to top off the morning, I found out that a very nice gentleman, someone who drove me to several dates with the CAT scan lady, passed away last night. Last time I talked to him, he said he was looking forward to taking me out to breakfast at D.Z. Akins when he got better.

On a happier note, my boss called this morning and told me she found some money so I can work some extra time this summer. She said there are pallets stacked chock-a-block with boxes.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Wish you could have gone to D.Z. Akins with him one more time. I didn't know him that well but the impression that he left with me was that he was a wonderful teacher & very nice and kind man.

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)