Sunday, October 26, 2008

Long Time

I haven't gone for a Dam Ride in a long time. The stars were right this morning, I woke up a a reasonable time (6:30), I did the deed!

Saddled up the Schwinn and headed out. I wore the bright yellow jacket, and it was a little chilly (53° F).

In the Construction Zone I failed to take the WHOLE LANE, so some SUV passed me slowly as we approached the red light. I just LOVE having a big black zillion pound vehicle a couple of inches from my elbow. Because I KNOW, being the only vehicle on the road, you are unable to move over to the unoccupied lane. I took the low road and flipped him. I am ashamed. I doubt he even noticed.

Down the hill in El Cajohn there is a new hanger being build at Gillespie Field.

2008October26 Bike Ride 001

Sorta pretty in the morning sun. Felt about ten degrees (F) cooler after dropping down into the box. In fact, it was around 47° F when I passed through Mission Trails Regional Park, and my hands hurt a little.

I took a shadow pic as I entered the park road.

2008October26 Bike Ride 005

I am, in point of fact, NOT saluting the yield sign. Instead, I am taking the picture. In case you wondered.

And I AM pedaling, or rather, probably coasting here.

I my quest to collect the most truck I picked up this purple cell phone debris on the Jackson Drive Hill, which I climbed in the 36/24 combo, which was unusual for me!

2008October26 Bike Ride 009

Oh, and I bought a couple pair'o sneakers at Target yesterday.

Saw this black beauty lurking behind a bush the other day when I walked home.

2008October26 Bike Ride 006

I figure it's a 1959 Oldsmobile 98.

And lastly, when you don't have an on-site apartment manager you get people parking their trucks on the lawn.

2008October26 Bike Ride 010

Stay classy!


Ride Stats

Trip Mileage 21.44 miles
Trip Time 1:46:47
Avg. Speed 12.14 mph
Max. Speed N/I

Week Stats

Schwinn: 21.44 miles
Jamis: 32.66 miles

Week Total: 54.10 miles

Odometers

Schwinn: 7,398 miles YTD 602 miles (YStart 6,796)
Jamis: 6,071 miles YTD 1,858 miles (YStart 4,213)
Total 2,460 miles YTD

No comments:

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)