Friday, August 08, 2008

It's Friday Already?

Well, this week has progressed right along smartly! I did not realize it was Friday until I checked the computer just now.

It was a a little grey this morning at 6:21 a.m. when I took off, but by the time I got to El Cajohn it was clearing up.

I chose to wear the fabulous purple Gordini jersey this morning.

2008August08 Bike RIde 002

I was passed on Prospect by a female pedaling demon who wished me a cheery "Good morning!" as she blew past. She also blew the stop sign a bit farther. A few seconds later a fellow on what I think was a Cervelo passed me by, also saying "Good morning". Very nice-looking red bike. A few minutes later I came upon them both at the stop light on Mission Gorge Road. It didn't change, so he rode over to push the button, but she took off on the red. He rode along with me for a minute, commenting that she was certainly worth catching (up to), and that she said she was spinning today, as she had hurt her ankle. He said she must be a hammerhead. I agreed, and commented that she apparently didn't care for stop signs or lights, either. He asked if I was commuting, as he was, and I said I was just out for a ride. He wished me well and took off.

The grey returned briefly as I headed into Mission Trails Regional Park, but went away as I left it.

Labouring up Jackson Drive Hill I noticed an irritation under my glove. I took a look, there seemed to be a red bump with a splinter in it. Two splinters, in fact. What is up with that, I asked myself.

I rode around the lake, then home.

Sitting at the computer, I operated on my hand. Here is said hand.

2008August08 Bike RIde 005

Sorry about that, I really should have zoomed in!

I nosed around with the splinter puller-outer, with good results.

2008August08 Bike RIde 009

I REALLY like these splinter tweezers, they really work well. I want to get a couple more of them, one to carry in the bike first aid kit. I got this one at Dixieline, but I haven't seen them there since then. But there is a web site...very interesting, lots of useful stuff!

I really can't imagine how two splinters got stuck in the SIDE of my hand, under my glove. Maybe it's a tarantula bite, and those are the fangs!! Ha ha!

No, the swelling is small, and it's not getting any larger, so I'm not worried about it. At least not any more than my usual medical paranoia...

Ride Statistics

Distance: 25.29 miles (40.72 km)
Riding Time: 2 hours 0 minutes 59 seconds
Average Speed: 12.54 mph (20.19 km/h)
Distance Ridden First Hour: 13.2 miles (21.25 km)
Ending Odometer: 7,186 miles (11,569.46 km)

No comments:

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)