Monday, October 02, 2006

Felt fairly cruddy this morning, but I rode the bike anyway. But only 3.6 miles. Going home things were looking up, I found all this stuff on the side of the road!

bikeride10_2_06 001

Better than money, something I can use! These puppies go for $5.00 bucks a piece on eBay!

You may or may not want to pop over to the Bike Thoughts Page on my Bicycle web site to see some thoughts on stuff I've over the yars.

Just after I loaded all these goodies in the pannier a guy in full kit caught me at a red light. He asked if I commuted, I said yes, he said the was great, he wished he could. I demurely said I don't go that far, we wished each other well, and the light turned green. Cool!

I managed to get my ten on the odometer for today. Tomorrow is grocery day, so I get to drive! And a clean vehicle at that, as M. and I gave it its first bath last Saturday!

The blogs I read seem to always be "stealing" things that happen to me. Things I didn't think to write about. The Fat Cyclist wrote the other day about things that fly. And he did a much better job than I would have. Heh, he's a professional!

But he didn't mention anything about puking. When anything zooms into my mouth, my gag relflex kicks in and I puke! Kind of a dry puke. It's truly amazing! Kkkaaaehhh, Kkkaaaeeehhhhh!!

Another thing he doesn't talk about is wearing ones bike shorts twice. Like on consective (or not) days. Does anyone else do this but me? How disgusting is it?
I figure, if I commute one hour (that's rounding UP!) one day, then another hour another day, that's the same as a two hour ride. So I wear them two days, and throw them in the wash (warsh). Here's a picture of a pair after day one:

bikeride10_2_06 002

Now, truly I wouldn't wear them for THREE days, that WOULD be disgusting!

Eh, you make not want to enlarge that particular image...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, how lucky was that! Pretty cool.

As for wearing your bike shorts twice before washing...as my son would say, "Gusting". I would need wash them in between wears. You need to get another pair of shorts so you can wear them alternately between washes.

D.

The Squeaky Cyclist said...

I've three pairs, but I don't want to wear them out washing!

I DO change my other clothes daily, contrary to popular opinion. And bathe daily. Except for certain lost weekends...

Hey, how come I have to do word verification on this!

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)