Saturday, January 16, 2010

No Rain Today

But a major storm is coming next week, starting Monday. I probably will HAVE to drive all week. And no Dave Shelly & Chainsaw on the KGB!! They are OFF THE AIR! And you have probably read my rantings about the music on KGB, so you KNOW I will be listening to something else for my short drive to work.

I earled the chain on Jamis last night and tried to adjust the derailleur (Too tricky for me!) so I could go for a little geocaching ride this morning.

I plotted several caches in Lemon Grove. The first one I kinda chickened out on. It was a front yard cache, and I don't care for those. The GPSr wouldn't settle down, and I felt very conspicious, so I left.

I headed over to a cache at a park. The logs said the "homeless" guy who hangs out there was very helpful to geocachers. I talked to him and several other folks there. I found the cache (with the hint!), signed the log, and talked some more with the group. They wished me well, and I headed off to another one.

This one was one that the boy and I had tried before. The cache owner recently replace it, and I spotted it pretty quickly.

The next one was another front yard cache, one I had avoided the last time I was in Lemon Grove. I read the online logs, and it didn't seem TOO scary, so I tried it. I sat on the handy bench, as directed, and quickly found it. Signed the log, and pedaled off.

The next one was in another park. I had searched for it before, and I searched again, and I still did not find it. So I left.

The last cache was a new one. I got to the coordinates and looked around. I saw a pile of stuff laying about, and that turned out to be the cache. I put it back together, and replaced it where I thought it should be. I am not full of hope it will stay that way, though, it is in a pretty exposed area.

I saw this windmill on the way home. Everyone should have a windmill in their yard!

2010January16 windmill 002

That is about it for today, unless I sneak out to catch a restored cache over near Fletcher Parkway.

I was reading a book, A Crooked Kind Of Perfect, by Linda Urban. There was some question as to whether this was very interesting, so I volunteered to read it. It's pretty good, in a middle school kind of way. The father in the book has some sort of mental issues; at one point he purchases over four hundred rolls of toilet paper. Enough to last until the daughter gets out of high school, her mother (a controller) calculates. At one roll per week, for a family of three. With six left over for emergencies. MY family, a family of two, goes through AT LEAST five rolls a week. I don't know what to say.

Later!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)