Sunday, September 27, 2009

A reading list

Really should have put on some sunscreen, the fog did not last on this morning's ride.

Went around looking for geocaches. Found two out of eight, several of which were "re-searches". One those I didn't find, and I haven't found it in the past several times, was found yesterday. And is supposed to be, and I quote, "fairly large". So I just don't know!

I DO know I don't care for pawing around in bushes much!

But I DO like the old Datsun 510s, even the station wagon. I wonder if those fog lamps came stock?

2009September27 bike ride 001

Along Forester Creek Bike Path one can see a myriad of interesting items. There is a bicycle wheel in there, and there is this. What is it?

2009September27 bike ride 002

I found myself at Mary's Donuts. Got a cup of coffee and two donuts. Search a bit for the geocache there, no joy.

I looked for several more caches in Santee, no joy there, either!

I snuck up in San Carlos via the Mesa Road route. I dispassionately searched for a couple more caches, then thought I would try for a new one. And THAT one I found! Yippee!

And THEN I went home, picking up two rocks along the way, in my joy!

The mileage for the week is 90.5 miles.
The final odometer reading for the week is 8,638 miles.

I purchased Jamis in August of 2005, a few months before buying a vehicle. The vehicle has 6,422 miles to date.

I guess if I recreationally drove the vehicle there would be a lot more miles on it!

And I see from my Bike Log that my gloves have around 4,500 miles on them. No wonder they are just a bit frayed!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

You need to put on your sunscreen! Cute station wagon! My mom had a green Vega station wagon back in the day. Same shade of green. Don't know what the heck that thing was you took a pic of. Time to wake up the lad and get rolling.

Search This Blog

Squeakycyclist's shared items

Geocaching

Profile for squeakycyclist

Blog Archive

About Me

Labels

"flat tire" (9) lights (3) "pet peeve" (2) headlight (2) rocks (2) "Bike Ride" cold (1) "Blue Angels" (1) "Critical Mass" (1) "Eddy Merkx" (1) "Fat Cyclist" jersey "Twin Six" (1) "Harbison Canyon" (1) "Junk food" "pink jersey" (1) "San Diego fire" (1) "Seikima II" "found stuff" (1) "Stella Artois" beer (1) "bike to work day" (1) "cactus flower" "guy showing" (1) "cell phone" (1) "chain lube" (1) "donut star" "cop car" sunflower "invisible aeroplane" (1) "energy bars" (1) "flat tire" "bicycle lights" (1) "flat tire" tubes (1) "fuel shutoff switch" (1) "giant veins" blink (1) "greek streets" (1) "inertia switch" (1) "mop refill" (1) "road rash" (1) "rubber ducky" (1) "safety check" (1) "thin blood" patches (1) "tire repair" (1) "torrey pines" cans flat (1) "wax flowers" (1) ;lint shoes (1) Amsterdam (1) Bike To Work Day (1) Bobke John Coleman Steve (1) Cannondale (1) Easter crane frame (1) Gmaps Bikely (1) Headsweat (1) Mercedes Unimog (1) Moon "giant clevis" "lunette ring" truck Smart "electrical safety" (1) Peeps pump (1) Plews (1) Pre-Oktoberfest (1) Presta tubes (1) RHUBARB (1) San Diego Velodrome paradigm shift beer (1) Schwinn "Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe" "bird poop": (1) Schwinn headset (1) Trek Terry Velodrome Dick Blick Aaron Brothers Michael's (1) Yeti (1) adapter (1) aerial antenna (1) ammonite (1) bagel dial calipers chain wear hairy legs (1) bees (1) bicycle bicycling books reading (1) bicycle bicycling recycling grease (1) bicycle chain (1) bicycle helmet (1) bicycle safety (1) bicycle signs laws (1) bike lanes (1) bikepr0n Magna "Black Wind" bicycle nipple fart (1) birdbarn (1) blessings (1) blimp Bentley (1) brakes (1) can rocks (1) cans (1) cans sprouts (1) chili (1) clouds (1) clownsuits (1) cookies "flat tire" "bike path" (1) cow (1) cow "journalistic integrity" hemroids (1) crane (1) dog fog headset (1) duck (1) email "knockout seals" "monster cruiser" (1) excuses (1) fish tire (1) flag (1) flowers "manhole cover" (1) funny signs shoe hill cell phones (1) gO (1) gloves pedals crane (1) honk (1) hubcap (1) idjits (1) keys "bike lanes" (1) keys rocks shells (1) levers (1) lock (1) lube Landis (1) mileage "bike log" (1) milestone odometer (1) motorcyclist Citroen (1) odometer (1) otay (1) otay river valley (1) pizza starbucks coffee lake murray helmet mirror (1) poop kite (1) quail (1) rabbit (1) rack yingers (1) rocks books signs (1) rocks upsidedown (1) seats (1) shay jeep caramate UCSD (1) snot "found money" "italian handkerchief" (1) socks (1) spider "Hawaian shirt" (1) sunglasses (1) sunglasses "Grand Canyon" Cairo Egypt sweating pig clouds (1) tire (1) tire Thermopylae "Cutty Sark" (1) tire pressure jamis (1) train (1) tubes (1) tweezers (1) weight (1)